Welcome, Rail Barons!
Rail Baron, the Game of Building Railroad Empires, is an entertaining strategy game, where you are a Railroad mogul, buying up Railways across America and attempting to become the ultimate Rail Baron. The game is a lot of fun to play, with the only frustration being, the time it takes to look up information (Destinations, Payoffs, etc.) on the provided charts; which really slows down the game.
Rail Baron Tools is a Rail Baron reference app that takes the drudgery out of this, by allowing you to quickly look up the data you need, and helping you to optimize your decision-making and strategies. Rail Baron Tools does not replace the game (i.e. you still play on the game board, using the actual playing pieces, money, dice etc.), but is meant to enhance it. The app provides data based on the 1977 edition Game published by The Avalon Hill Game Co.
- Look up your destination Region based on a Dice Roll
- Look up your destination City based on a Dice Roll
- Look up a Payoff for completing a Destination
- Look up a Payoff between any two Cities
- Use an optional scaling factor, when calculating Payoffs New!
- Store Player information, including Name and Home City
- View detailed Region information, including odds of rolling the Region
- View detailed City information, including odds of rolling the City
- View detailed Railroad information, including its Price, Cities along the Railroad, and odds of rolling a City on the Railroad
- Miscellaneous Reference information including cost of Express and Superchief
- iOS device running iOS 12.0 or higher
- Android device running Android 5.0 or higher
- 1977 edition of Rail Baron board game
- A couple of hours devoted to having fun!
Get in Now
iOS App Store
Rail Baron Tools is available on the iTunes App Store.
Current Version: 1.0.5
Google Play Store
Rail Baron Tools is available on the Google Play Store.
Current Version: 1.0.1
Scan to Install
Review and Comments
The Rail Baron Tools app can also be used with the Boxcars game set from Rio Grande Games but will use the Destination dice roll odds from Rail Baron, instead of the slightly tweaked odds used in Boxcars. The other minor rule differences between Rail Baron and Boxcars, won't be affected by using this app.