PWMinder Desktop Features
PWMinder 2.6 is a minor release, which adds several new features to PWMinder, including translation to German and French, import capability, and more. Please review the Release Notes, for full details of all the changes. See below for the complete list of Features that PWMinder has to offer.
- PWMinder has been internationalized, and has been localized and translated into French and German. (NEW for 2.6!)
- PWMinder uses Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) which is the standard adopted by the U.S. Government.
- Passwords are stored in Repository files. You can have as many Repositories as you want, e.g. one for home passwords, one for work passwords, one for each person in you family, etc.
- Since each Repository is a file on your computer, it is easy to transfer Repositories from one computer to another, to store them on a memory stick, back them up, etc.
- Repository file format is compatible with the PWMinder BlackBerry®, so the Repositories you create on your desktop can be accessed and modified on your BlackBerry®.
- In addition to storing a login and password, each record can also store an account number, url, email address, notes, security quesition and more.
- URLs and Email fields in the record, are hyper-linked and can open your Web Browser or Email Client.
- Each password record can have an expiry date set for it, to remind you to change the password.
- Logins and Password can easily be copied and pasted from PWMinder into other applications such as a Web Browser.
- PWMinder is a Cross-Platform application, and runs on Windows® (XP, Vista and Windows 7), Linux and Mac OS/X®, so your passwords can be shared between all your computers, both at home and at work. (Improved for for 2.6, on Mac OS/X!)
- User Interface is simple and easy to use. See Screen Shots. (Improved for for 2.6!)
- Accelerator Keys, for quicker navigation and data entry.
- PWMinder can be minimized to the System Tray, to save Taskbar space. (On Windows and Linux only)
- The Look and Feel is customizable.
- Added Quaqua Look and Feel for Mac OS/X, which provides a more polished User Interface. (NEW for 2.6, on Mac OS/X!)
- Password Records can be grouped into Categories, making them easier to organize.
- Custom Categories can be created.
- Records can be sorted either by Name or by Login.
- Previously used Logins are remembered, allowing for quicker data entry. (Improved for 2.6!)
- Record searching; Record can be searched by Name, Login, Category and/or Description.
- Quick Search functionality in the Repository Tree. (NEW for 2.6!)
- Last used window size and position is remembered. (NEW for 2.6!)
- Purchasing a Registration Code can be done right from within the PWMinder application.
- Repository data can be exported in HTML, XML or CSV (tab-delimited) format.
- Data can be imported from a plain text (tab-delimited) file. (NEW for 2.6!)
- PWMinder can open your browser, and automatically log in to you favourite web sites.
- PWMinder contains a Password Generator tool to generator secure passwords. This tool is integrated directly into PWMinder, but can also be run as a stand-alone tool. (UI redesigned for 2.6!)
Cost: $25.00 USD
To suggest a new feature or to suggest another idea, please visit the Support page. First select PWMinder, then select Suggestion and then fill in the details. All suggestions will be considered.