PWMinder Desktop Features
PWMinder 3.0 is a major new release of our Desktop Password Manager, which adds several new features, including a tabbed interface, a File Encryption tool, Dropbox Integration, and other usability enhancements. See below for the complete list of Features that PWMinder has to offer.
- PWMinder uses Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) which is the standard adopted by the U.S. Government.
- Passwords are stored in Repository files. You can have as many Repositories as you want, e.g. one for home passwords, one for work passwords, one for each person in you family, etc.
- Since each Repository is a file on your computer, it is easy to transfer Repositories from one computer to another, to store them on a memory stick, back them up, etc.
- The Repository file format is compatible with iPWMinder, PWMinder Android, and PWMinder BlackBerry, so the Repositories you create on your Desktop Computer can be accessed and modified on your Smart Phone.
- In addition to storing a login and password, each record can also store an account number, url, email address, notes, security quesition and more.
- URLs and Email fields in the record, are hyper-linked and can open your Web Browser or Email Client.
- Each password record can have an expiry date set for it, to remind you to change the password.
- Logins and Password can easily be copied and pasted from PWMinder into other applications such as a Web Browser.
- PWMinder is a Cross-Platform application, and runs on Windows (Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8) and Mac OS/X (10.6 and up), so your passwords can be shared between all your computers.
- Better Native installation on Mac (NEW for 3.0!)
- New Installer for Windows (NEW for 3.0!)
- User Interface is simple and easy to use. See Screen Shots.
- Accelerator Keys, for quicker navigation and data entry.
- The Look and Feel is customizable.
- Includes Quaqua Look and Feel for Mac OS/X, which provides a more polished User Interface on Macs.
- Password Records can be grouped into Categories, making them easier to organize.
- Custom Categories can be created.
- Records can be sorted either by Name or by Login.
- Records can be marked as Favourites for quick access. (NEW for 3.0!)
- Previously used Logins are remembered, allowing for quicker data entry.
- Includes a Password Evaluator, to indicate how secure your passwords are. (NEW for 3.0!)
- Records can be searched by Name, Login, Category and/or Description.
- Quick Search functionality in the Repository Tree.
- Last used Records are remembered, for quicker access (NEW for 3.0!)
- Purchasing an Activation Code can be done right from within the PWMinder application (Windows only).
- Repository data can be exported in HTML, XML or CSV (tab-delimited) format.
- Data can be imported from a plain text (tab-delimited) file.
- PWMinder can open your browser, and automatically log in to you favourite web sites.
- Includes a Password Generator tool to generate secure passwords.
- Includes a File Encryption tool, to encrypt files on your computer. (NEW for 3.0!)
- Includes a Tool to calculate Message Digests (Hashes) for files and text strings. (NEW for 3.0!)
- Includes a File Shredder to securely delete files on your computer. (NEW for 3.0!)
- PWMinder is now integrated with Dropbox, so you can store and access your Repository files in Dropbox making it easier to share data across devices. (NEW for 3.0!)
Disclaimer: The File Encryption tool available in PWMinder Desktop is meant to provide basic file encryption, while every attemp has been made to ensure the security of the encrypted files, Ewert Technologies does not guarantee that files encrypted using our File Encryption tool can not be maliciously decrypted to by a determined hacker attack.
Cost: $30.00 USD (Current users of PWMinder 2.x are eligible for a discount!)
To suggest a new feature or to suggest another idea, please visit the Support page. First select PWMinder, then select Suggestion and then fill in the details. All suggestions will be considered.